Thursday 16 February 2012

Valentine's Day: The Date


Valentine's Day has come and gone and I was lucky enough not to face it alone. I have been on some amazing Valentine's dates, but this one was truly stunning. This year I got to share it with someone I have known for several years, he was my best friend in High School and we have always kept in touch throughout the years. Every time I see him it's like no time has passed, we literally laugh at anything and everything. At first he wanted to take me out for dinner but as you all know finding a place to eat on Valentine's Day is never an easy task. He, however, planned a surprise for me instead. I love surprises, the guessing game never gets old.

We met in front of the Cape Grace, at the Waterfront, and took a stroll to the shopping center. All the restaurants were filled to capacity by couples. We headed to Primi Piatti for some cocktails, awaiting my lovely surprise, a ride on the Cape Town Ferris Wheel, well that's what I call it. I kind of knew what it was from the beginning but didn't want to be a party pooper. The wheel was lit up with red, pink and white lights, it looked absolutely stunning! It was the busiest I have ever seen the wheel, people were queuing to catch a glimpse of Cape Town by night.  


The ladies were greeted with a single red rose, so at least I can say I got my rose on Valentine's Day. Everyone that went on the ride also enjoyed a glass of J.C. Le Roux's Le Domaine, I would have much preferred an entire bottle though, wishful thinking I know. The view was breathtaking, I tried to take as many photos as I could but the darn windows kept reflecting my flash. One doesn't realise how stunning our city looks at night.


We ended our evening off with some Mc Donald's, original I know, but to be honest their Cajun Chicken burger beats any meal from any fancy restaurant, plus I got to catch some of the Champions League football. Win-Win situation for me. All in all I had a super evening, proving once again that Valentine's Day is definitely not as bad as people make it out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment