Tuesday 25 October 2011

Graphic Design, a world of order v.s. chaos


Hello my sweet pitches, welcome to my blog, a place where I will be sharing my love of design among other things. My friend Shanté also known as @jhordanssister encouraged me to start a blog, and I want to thank her again for being totally awesome and inspiring!

The creative bug has been instilled in my DNA, I have had a great love for drawing from a very young age. My mother use to purchase colouring-in books rather than reading books, so excuse me if my grammer and spelling is not up to par.

Graphic design is more than making something look pretty, I think I enjoy it most because of the rewards. There is no greater feeling than a happy client and seeing the final product for the first time. Although I am still a newbie at this, I have learnt a tremendous amount and my intentions are to learn everything there is to know about this particular field.

I have a great passion for what I do, but I am not saying there aren’t any downfalls. Graphic design is packaged with many sleepless nights, changes upon changes of the “work” you thought was rather great, quick deadlines and by this I mean an hour to think of a concept and present the artwork and it is by far one of the steepest corporate ladders to climb. The pressure of always having to be creative even on your most uninspiring of days can also be a great challenge.

But what is life without a little bumps and bruises? Even after all these negatives I can't wait to wake up in the morning, turn on my PC and create something new and better than my last design. 


Some of my favorite design quotes are:


  • "The creative adult is the child who survived"
  • "Less is more"
  • "People ignore design that ignores people" - Frank Chimero
  • "Everything is designed. Few things are designed well." - Brian Reed
  • "Design is where science and art break even" - Robin Mathew
  • "Maths is easy; design is hard" - Jaffrey Veen
  • "If it doesn't sell, it isn't creative" - David Ogilvy
  • "The best ideas come as a joke. Make thinking as funny as possible" - David Ogilvy

1 comment:

  1. So happy to finally read your first post!! Can't wait to see your ideas!!

    Lots of love,
    B

    ReplyDelete