Wednesday 26 October 2011

Keep Calm, The Kings Have Arrived!

Kings of Leon, a band all the way from Tennessee, has finally decided to grace the shores of Cape Town and I couldn't be more excited! Not only are they my favorite band, but they will be the first international act I have ever seen (sad I know). It is very seldom that I like every song a band produces, when I listen to their music the skip button is never used! With the combination of Caleb's vocals, Matthew's guitar riffs, Nathan's drum beats and Jarred's slapping of the base, there is nothing not to like about them. I have thoroughly been enjoying their music since I first heard their single Sex is on Fire, I had to track back a few years to catch up on all their other master pieces, but I have been in love with their Southern charm ever since!


Over the past few weeks, the combination of excitement and design came together inspiring me to create some designs. I have been posting them on Facebook and Twitter, but I thought I should shear it with you too.


The concept of the first two posters I designed was given to me by @jhordanssister and her love for Keep Calm posters. I did both a poster for Keep Calm the Kings are Coming, and Keep Calm the Kings have Arrived. I set it on the same background colors as their Come Around Sundown C.D. cover.




The next concept was inspired by the I love NY T-shirt design, this design was originally going to be on my T-shirt for the day, but then I decided to go with the design on the right as it is more personal and indicates the date and place of the concert! My final printed T-shirt looks lovely and I can't wait to wear it later with pride!




I also did a poster design making use of the design I created for my T-shirt.




I will be attending the concert with one of my best friends and no1 Kings of Leon fan @adrianadesousa1 . We will be traveling to the stadium bright and early, braving the Cape Town rain and wind, where we will then push, shove, kick and punch our way to the front!


I have listed my favourite songs in order of preference, I hope they play these songs today, it would be the icing on top of a perfect day!
  • Fans
  • Pickup Truck
  • Revelry
  • Closer
  • On Call
  • Charmer
  • Birthday
  • Manhattan
  • No Money
  • Pyro
  • Knocked up
  • California Waiting
  • Radioactive
  • Sex on Fire
  • Joe's head
BOOM! Now I'm off to get ready for the show, will be posting pictures tomorrow and maybe you will here that my friend and I were called up on stage by Jarred, got given backstage passes and partied the night away with them... one can only dream!

1 comment: